A Project Architect opportunity within a leading firm, delivering to the ACT and surrounding region and specialising in social infrastructure architecture, heritage, access and interior design.
The Position and Required competencies
We are seeking an experienced Architect to join our team. You will need to be self-motivated, capable of working individually or as a member of a team and will have well developed leadership and professional skills.
This position offers the right person a substantial opportunity to grow your career, delivering significant project outcomes and working as part of a positive and supportive team.
Required competencies include:
- Formal training in architecture. Architectural registration in the ACT or other Australian State or Territory.
- Post graduate industry experience in the role of Project Architect consistent with these required competencies,
- Demonstrated experience in design and construction documentation; eg preparation of briefs, design solutions, working drawings, specifications, construction details, internal elevations, schedules, etc. Experience on commercial projects is essential.
- Ability to perform as project architect, including demonstrated job management and team leadership skills. Ability to delegate work and provide support to subordinate team members.
- Ability to work collaboratively, working together with all stakeholders toward the project objectives,
- Experience in Education or Aged Care projects is desirable,
- Ability to complete tasks in a diligent, timely and cost effective manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit software.
Applications must include the following information:
- Statement of why you are interested in this position and a response addressing each of the competencies listed above,
- Current CV,
- 3x current references with contact details,
- Confirmation of availability
The position is offered as a full time position and will be subject to 3 months’ probation. Remuneration is commensurate with relevant industry experience.
SQC Architecture Conditions of Engagement apply.
How to apply
Applications close 15 August 2019. The appointment is anticipated for commencement in Sept 2019.