Nicholas Goodwin, of SQC Architecture, is one of only 4 Accredited Access and Mobility Consultants in Canberra who is qualified and experienced to:
- review and certify designs for DA lodgement;
- advise on design solutions at all stages of the design process;
- find solutions to construction problems; and
- design adaptable housing.
“…Disability, whether permanent or temporary, is a normal part of the human life cycle for a majority of Australians.
There are physical and non-physical barriers within the built environment which can limit freedom of movement and choice for a significant number of people, especially people with disabilities, people with limited mobility and older people.
Universal access, which accommodates the needs of all people regardless of age and ability, benefits the whole community and is, therefore, a community responsibility. The RAIA recognises that the architectural profession has a significant role in determining the level of accessibility...[and] we affirm the responsibility of the architectural profession to contribute to the provision of universal access throughout the built environment as a basic human right.”
(Australian Institute of Architects’ Accessible Environment Policy)
Nicholas is dedicated to designing buildings which directly improve the quality of life for the end user. He has been able to realise this interest through 28 years of experience as a high profile provider of education, health and community projects. Having obtained his Cert IV in Access Consulting, Nicholas is looking forward to transferring his access skills into the areas of Education, Aged and Health Care.
He enjoys the consultative production of cost-effective, well detailed and quality solutions to the client’s needs. Working closely with the client, other technical consultants and employing his strong understanding of how heritage, access and other issues impact on design enables Nicholas to meet your access and mobility design needs.
Qualifications and Associations
- Registered Architect ACT (1987) 858
- Registered Architect SA (2017) 3434
- M.B. Env (Building Conservation)
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Certificate IV in Access Consulting ( 2013)
- Royal Australian Institute of Architects
- Accredited Member - Association of Consultants in Access Australia
- Liveable Housing Assessor Course, May 2014